Ride in Vermont
Are you looking to visit Vermont to ride? It’s now easier than ever to enjoy ATVing in Vermont.
Your ATV must have a valid registration. You must register in your state of residency. Cost per registering an ATV in Vermont is currently $45 per year.
Once you have a valid registration, you are ready to JOIN/RENEW VASA TODAY
The JOIN VASA TODAY link will take you to the JOIN page.
There you will be able to purchase a TAD (Trail Access Decal), transfer an existing TAD to another vehicle or purchase a club only membership to any of the VASA clubs (TAD not included).
All you need is an image of a current ATV registration from any state, valid credit card, complete mailing address and an email address.
Once you have completed the application and uploaded the image of your registration, you receive a 10-day temporary pass sent to the email address you provided.
Your application will be verified and a permanent registration including TAD will be mailed to the address in the application.
Affix your Trail Access Decals to the front and rear of your machine and you are ready to ride.
Cost is as follows:
If you have a Vermont registration, everything you need to ride in Vermont will cost $70. The breakdown of where your money goes is as follows: Out of your total $70, $30 is for your Trail Access Decals, $10 is for your VASA membership and $30 is for your local club membership.
If you have an out of state registration (YES! VASA does accept all valid registrations from any state.) your Trail Access Decals will cost you $45 more. All of the other costs remain the same so your total will be $105.
Other things to be aware of:
- Helmets are required on the VASA trail system, we are big fans of O'Neal helmets as they are comfortable, have great features and come at a good price.
As of 2021 liability insurance is required for all VASA trails. A minimum of bond or a liability policy in the amounts of at least $25,000.00 for one individual and $50,000.00 for two or more individuals killed or injured and $10,000.00 for damages to property in any one accident.
- All riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and possess a safety certification card.
- Minimum age to operate an ATV on the VASA trail system is 12 years old.
- Trails can open and close unexpectedly- please check with the local club before you leave for any trail closures.
- Ride respectfully. It is our privilege, not our right, to ride on these trails.
- All ATVS or UTV must have one or more headlights, with a red rear light, breaks that are in good mechanical condition.